Business Insider Japan Terms of Service
Article 1 General rules and definitions
Business Insider Japan is a service provided by Mediagene Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “our company”) (hereinafter referred to as “information provision service”). In addition to the information provision service, we also provide e-mail newsletter service (defined in Article 4) and paid membership service (defined in Article 5). (Note that the information provision service, e-mail newsletter service, and paid membership service are collectively referred to as the “Service” below.)
In the following, those who use the information service are called “browsing users”, those who use the e-mail newsletter service are called “e-mail newsletter users”, and those who use the paid membership service are called “paid member users”. In addition, each of these users is collectively referred to as “user” below. )
Article 2 application
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, from the time when the e-mail newsletter user registers the necessary items with us in accordance with this agreement and we approve it, for the paid member service, the paid member user will perform the necessary items in accordance with this agreement. From the time you register with us and we approve it, you will be subject to these Terms.
Article 3 Use of this service
- We provide information provision services free of charge to browsing users. However, the browsing user is responsible for all costs required for using the information provision service, such as communication costs, Internet connection charges, equipment costs, and other costs.
- When a user uses this service, he / she shall use it only in accordance with the provisions of this agreement and by the method specified by us.
- The user may copy any information obtained through this service, except when we approve (including obtaining the consent of the third party if there is a third party who has the right to the information). It shall not be possible to use it beyond the scope of sale, publication or other private use.
Article 4 E-mail newsletter service
The e-mail newsletter service is a service in which we send useful information to e-mail newsletter users as appropriate to those who become e-mail newsletter users in accordance with the above (Article 2, Paragraph 2).
E-mail newsletter users and paid member users must not declare information that is contrary to the truth during the enrollment procedure.
If there is a change in the information declared by the e-mail newsletter user or paid member user during the enrollment procedure, or if such information is found to be contrary to the truth, the user will promptly notify us and make the prescribed change. The procedure shall be taken.
We have determined that e-mail newsletter users and paid member users who have once approved the membership are also inappropriate due to various circumstances (including cases where all or part of the information reported to us during the membership procedure is contrary to the truth). In that case, the membership approval can be revoked by notifying the user.
The e-mail newsletter user shall register the e-mail address that he / she manages and can use to use the service. In addition, paying member users shall use the service using the password created by the person himself / herself by selecting any characters in addition to the e-mail address.
E-mail newsletter users and paid member users are responsible for the use and management of their registered e-mail addresses and passwords, and must not allow third parties to use them. We shall not be liable for any mistakes in the use of IDs or passwords by e-mail magazine users and paid member users, or damages caused by the use of third parties.
In addition, when the registered e-mail address no longer belongs to your own control, you must change it to another available e-mail address that belongs to your own control.
If we determine that the registered address cannot be used, we can delete the registered address from the registered information.
Information about yourself registered by e-mail magazine users and paying member users at the time of enrollment procedure, and information provided when using this service are owned by us, and we stipulate such information in this agreement as well as individuals stipulated by us. In accordance with the information protection policy, it may be used in connection with this service or for purposes other than this service. We will obtain the consent of the user when disclosing such information to a third party.
Based on the personal information provided by e-mail newsletter users and paying member users, we use various communication means such as e-mail, mail, and fax to provide personalized information and products and services of our company and business partners. We shall be able to provide guidance, etc.
We may ask users to cooperate in questionnaires, interviews, etc. in order to refer to the business of our company or our business partners. We may create non-personally identifiable statistical information about information obtained from e-mail magazine users and paid member users, and we may edit, publish, or sell it.
If the e-mail newsletter user / paid member user falls under any of the following items, the membership of the e-mail newsletter service / paid membership service will be lost and the membership will be automatically withdrawn.
- When our company cancels the membership approval of the e-mail magazine user / paid member user
- If the e-mail newsletter user or paid member user violates any provision of this agreement and we decide to remove the user.
- When the e-mail newsletter user / paid member user offers to withdraw from our company according to the prescribed procedure
When terminating this service as described in Article 15 (see below), the information of the service user shall be transferred to other sites operated by our company, and this service user shall consent to it.
When a member withdraws from the e-mail newsletter service / paid membership service, the member shall perform the withdrawal procedure from the prescribed form, and will be withdrawn after the procedure is completed. Personal information of withdrawals will be managed appropriately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law, and will be deleted one year after the withdrawal date.
When registering as an e-mail newsletter user or paid member user, if any of the following applies, the use of all or part of the services provided may be restricted.
- Use in a non-recommended environment
- If you cannot receive HTML emails correctly
As a general rule, e-mail newsletter users can freely copy and forward the e-mail received by the e-mail newsletter service, but e-mail newsletter users are not allowed to modify this content without permission. In addition, if the e-mail clearly states restrictions on the use of duplication and forwarding, the e-mail newsletter user shall comply with these restrictions.
Article 5 Paid membership service
Paid membership service is a paid service that we provide to paid member users. Paid membership services include useful services and content that only paid member users can receive. Paid member users will be able to use the paid member service as a paid member user by registering as a member specified by us, acquiring an account, and then paying the usage fee by the method specified by us. When a paid member user cancels the paid member service, the paid member user himself / herself shall perform the cancellation procedure from the contract details of My Page, and the cancellation date will be the expiration date of the valid period. (You can use the paid membership service during the valid period even after the cancellation procedure.) You can check the user status and the next renewal date from My Page.
The monthly plan is valid for one month, and the annual plan is valid for one year. Unless the registration is canceled, the contracted plan will be automatically renewed after the expiration date. The usage fee will be automatically deducted from the registered credit card. Regardless of the reason (including cancellation during the validity period of the paid member service), we will not refund the usage fee paid to us by the paid member user in advance. I agree to this.
Stripe is used for credit card payments, and the information related to the user’s credit card is stored and managed by stripe.
At the end of the expiration date, the qualification of a paid member user will expire and you will not be able to receive the contents and services supported by the paid member service.
In addition, the usage fee of the paid member service may be changed by notifying in advance according to this agreement and by e-mail to the paid member user.
The “coupon” service is a service that is issued as a privilege to users and can be used as a discount when registering for a paid membership service based on each usage condition.
2. Coupon terms and conditions
There are applicable conditions for using the coupon. Please check these before using.
The number of times of use and the validity period are stated on the distributed coupon.
We accept credit card payments at Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, Diners Club, as well as gift and prepaid cards issued by the same card company.
3. Notes and coupons cannot be used
Due to our circumstances, we may change or cancel the handling of coupons without prior notice.
4. Changes after completing the plan contract procedure
Regardless of whether or not the coupon is used, we do not accept any changes or corrections regarding the use of the coupon after the contract procedure is confirmed on this site.
- The coupons in progress are subject to change or termination without notice, regardless of the validity period.
- We will make the final decision regarding the issuance and use of coupons.
- Coupons can only be used by the user himself / herself. It cannot be used by a third party other than the user.
- You cannot share your coupons with other users or transfer them to other users.
- We will not redeem any unused coupons you have for any reason. Similarly, when canceling the plan, we will not refund the amount equivalent to the[discount]or[discount]by using the coupon.
- We consider the use of the coupon to be by the user himself / herself. We will not return the coupon even if it is used illegally by a third party. We shall not be liable for any damages caused to the user due to unauthorized use of the coupon by a third party.
- If you use a coupon that we deem inappropriate, we may refuse all services provided by us.
6. Changes, revisions and terminations of the terms
The contents of this agreement may be changed, revised or terminated without notice.
Article 6 Copyright, etc.
Copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights related to the content in this service belong to us or the provider of the information, and copyrights, trademark rights, and other intellectual property rights related to this service as a collection of individual contents. The rights also belong to us. Therefore, the user himself / herself may reprint, copy, publish, broadcast, publicly transmit, or otherwise infringe the copyright of all or part of the content provided by this service without our prior consent. You can’t do it, and you can’t let a third party do it.
Article 7 Link from user to this service
The user can basically link to this service, but in the following cases, the link can be prohibited at our discretion.
- (1) When the purpose is for profit
- (2) When the purpose is non-profit activities of companies / organizations other than individuals
- (3) When it is determined that the copyright is infringed as stipulated in Article 3.
- (4) In the case of a direct link to the image posted on this service (about image display)
- (5) When we think that social and economic loss will occur
- (6) When linking in a form that incorporates our website in a unique frame
- (7) When a third party owns the copyright and prohibits linking to the article
- (8) In addition, when we judge that there is a risk of interfering with the operation of this service
Article 8 Posting comments and sending trackbacks from this service
Trackbacks may be sent from this service to third-party blogs. Similarly, the author of this service may post comments or send trackbacks to blogs and websites operated by third parties. These follow the trackback policy and comment policy of the relevant site.
Article 9 Links from this service, etc.
In this service, we may link to other websites and resources, or a third party may provide links to other websites and resources. The site and resources are managed by their respective operating entities, and we do not have the right or obligation to manage them. We do not guarantee any information, advertisements, products or services of.
Article 10 Disclaimer
- We have problems with the provision of this service, such as the articles, charts, photographs, software programs, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “contents”) provided by this service being legal, accurate, and timely, meeting the needs of users, and providing this service. We will do our best to prevent any errors or failures, to fix any problems or bugs in the software provided by this service immediately, and to provide this service to users. However, we do not guarantee these.
- If any dispute arises between users or between a user and a third party in connection with the use of this service, the related user will be responsible for resolving it and will not cause any damage to us. I will do it.
- We may temporarily suspend the provision of this service or restrict its use without notifying the user for operational or technical reasons. In addition, for the same reason, the provision of this service may be delayed. In this case, the user cannot claim compensation for damages suffered by the user from us.
- This service may not be used normally due to the communication environment, user’s terminal environment, or other reasons, or various procedures such as membership registration / cancellation procedures may not be completed. In this case, the user cannot claim compensation for damages suffered by the user from us unless there is a reason for liability to us.
Article 11 Prohibitions
Our company prohibits users from performing any of the following actions in this service.
- (1) Acts of pretending to be our staff, writers, guest bloggers, or related parties, etc.
- (2) Sending or writing harmful computer programs, etc.
- (3) Acts such as modification of programs related to this service, reverse engineering, analysis, or creation / distribution of utilities.
- (4) Acts that interfere with the operation of this service, such as unauthorized access to our server or this service
- (5) Acts for the purpose of business activities, profits, or preparations using this service
- (6) Election campaigns or similar acts and acts that violate the Public Offices Election Act
- (7) Acts that infringe on the property, privacy or portrait rights of our company or other users or other third parties
- (8) Unauthorized use, transfer or sale of other users’ e-mail addresses, etc.
- (9) Acts that infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of our company or other users or other third parties
- (10) Sending or writing false or meaningless information within this service
- (11) Acts aimed at criminal acts or inducing criminal acts
- (12) Acts that damage the honor of others or infringe their rights
- (13) Sending or posting images, sentences, etc. of obscene, violent, or other content that is inappropriate for young people or content that is explicit sexual depiction.
- (14) Ethnic and racist acts
- (15) Other acts that violate laws and regulations and violate public order and morals
- (16) Acts that interfere with the operation of this service
Article 12 Violation of Terms
If we determine that a user violates this agreement, we may suspend or prohibit the use of this service by the user and may not publish or delete the post. In addition, if the user is an e-mail magazine user or a paid member user, we may remove the user without notice or notification.
Article 13 Damages
If the user causes damage to us or a third party in connection with the use of this service, the user shall immediately compensate for such damage. All claims and claims arising out of or in connection with your breach of these Terms or your infringement of the rights of a third party shall be resolved at your expense and responsibility. In addition, if costs are incurred by us in connection with responding to such complaints or claims, or if compensation, etc. is paid, the member shall pay the costs and compensation, etc. (attorney’s fees, etc. paid by us). Including) shall be borne.
Article 14 Changes to the Terms
When we change this agreement, we will set the effective time and inform you that we will change this agreement, the content of this agreement after the change, and the effective time by using the Internet or other appropriate method. ..
Article 15 Changes, suspensions, cancellations, etc. of service contents
We may change the contents of this service and suspend or discontinue its provision without notifying the user in advance and without obtaining the prior consent of the user. We plan to make various additions and changes to this service as the business progresses. We shall not be liable for any damage caused to the user due to the change or suspension or discontinuation of provision.
Article 16 Concept of personal information protection
The personal information of users acquired by us through this service shall be handled in accordance with the personal information protection policy and the provisions of laws and regulations such as the Personal Information Protection Law.
Article 17 Others
This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, and any dispute concerning this service and this agreement shall be subject to the exclusive agreement jurisdiction court of the first instance in the Tokyo Simplified Court or the Tokyo District Court, depending on the amount of the complaint.